Saturday 27 January 2007

Chasing people up

I think everyone finds this most frustrating. Repeatedly calling someone up because they either do not return your calls or have not done something done that they promised or even owe you money. Contacting people who are unresponsive wastes time and money and indicates that they don't care even if they are just too busy. Of course in some cases they may have changed numbers or have suffered emotional stress. Wouldn't it be great if people texted, called or emailed back a holding message such as away on holiday rather than ignoring the call?

A worse scenario is when a company lets you down because of poor customer service. For example, a certain parcel delivery company left a mobile number to call back and no one is responding. Also, their Website is out of date and uninformative and yet one of the biggest shopping companies is still using them. So I'm still waiting for my parcel.

Another example is the lack of feedback on job applications. Even saying why an application has been rejected would be useful instead of sending nothing or a generic rejection letter.

I hate being let down and I do not like letting others down. If I let myself down then I call at least do something about it. With other people all you can do is remind them and hope they has a sense of compassion, duty and honesty (even if it is to tell you that they cannot help you).

No comments: